Oli Scarff/Getty Images
- While it is common to dislike or fear spiders, they shouldn’t be killed when found in your home.
- One benefit to having spiders in your home is their tendency to capture nuisance pests and disease-carrying insects such as mosquitoes.
- Rather than killing any spiders you find, make an effort to release them outdoors.
I know it may be hard to convince you, but let me try: Don’t kill the next spider you see in your home.
Why? Because spiders are an important part of nature and our indoor ecosystem – as well as being fellow organisms in their own right.See the rest of the story at Business Insider
- I’m a professor designing a hangover cure – and my treatment is working so far on drunk mice
- Mounting evidence suggests that drinking diet soda is linked with chronic, serious health issues
- Stop killing spiders in your home – they’re actually keeping pests out