Amazon slashed over $80 off the price of Sony’s entry-level Bluetooth headphones

The Insider Picks team writes about stuff we think you’ll like. Business Insider has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase.

715wZ4 63cL._SL1250_AmazonIf you’re in the market for Bluetooth headphones that emphasize bass without overdoing it, you can get a great deal on a pair from Sony.

Available as one of Amazon’s “Warehouse Deals,” these headphones are an open-box product, but they carry the same A-z guarantee Amazon has on their new products. 

I’ve written about Warehouse Deals before and have taken advantage of the section to save money for years.

Although they’re on the lower end of Sony’s Bluetooth headphone line, I tried this pair a few months ago and came away impressed. You can read that review for my full thoughts, but here’s the summary: Sony made a bass-heavy pair of headphones that still perform well for all genres of music. 

Hip-hop and pop music sounded better, since those bass frequencies are emphasized heavily in those two styles of music, but I listened to a little bit of everything during my testing period. 

They’re fairly priced when new, but this Warehouse Deal reduces them to less than $50, at which point it would be hard not to recommend them. This is especially true if you prefer light on-ear headphones to bulkier over-ear headphones. The latter blocks out more noise, but anyone who values portability should opt for a pair like this.

As I said earlier, I can highly recommend these headphones to anyone who enjoys all genres of music, but prefers hearing more bass. They may lack higher-end features, like active noise cancelling or high-res audio support, but their audio and build quality are well worth this sale price.

Buy Sony’s MDRXB650BT/B Extra Bass Bluetooth Headphones on Amazon Warehouse Deals for $44.30 [You save $83.70]

Buy the headphones new on Amazon for $128

Advertisements

Man held in Spain after anti-jihadist raid was spotted at an Eagles of Death Metal concert in Barcelona

afp man held in spain spotted at bataclan band concert venueAFP

Barcelona (AFP) – A man held in a Spanish anti-jihadist raid was spotted in September in front of a Barcelona concert hall where the band that was playing during the Bataclan attack in Paris was due to perform, police said Wednesday.

Eagles of Death Metal was in full swing at the Bataclan concert hall on November 13, 2015, when armed men wearing explosive belts stormed in and killed 90 people.

Close to a year later on September 10, the US rock group played at the Apolo concert hall in Barcelona.

Under high alert, police stopped a Moroccan man in front of the hall and asked him for his ID, said a spokesman for police in the northeastern region of Catalonia where Barcelona is located.

He told AFP that on identifying him, police discovered alleged links to people involved in the Brussels airport and metro attacks last year that left 32 people dead and more than 320 wounded.

The attacks were led by an Islamic State cell that was also responsible for the carnage in Paris in November 2015.

“He was put under surveillance, as was his entourage,” the police spokesman said. On Tuesday, he was arrested along with eight others in an anti-jihadist operation.

It is not known why the suspect was in front of the Barcelona concert hall, or whether it was pure coincidence. But the police spokesman said authorities don’t believe he was planning any kind of attack that night.

The suspects arrested in Catalonia are due to be questioned by a judge in Madrid on Thursday. They are also being investigated for drug trafficking, robbery and other crimes.

NOW WATCH: Warner Bros. might have to pay $900 million if it can’t prove ghosts are real

Trump is reportedly considering pulling out of NAFTA – here’s where Mexico could get hit

cars mexicoImelda Medina/Reuters

The Trump administration is considering an executive order on withdrawing the US from NAFTA, Politico reported on Wednesday citing two White House officials.

A draft order, written by Peter Navarro, the head of Trump’s National Trade Council, in close cooperation with White House chief strategist Steve Bannon, has been submitted for the final stages of review and could be released late this week or early next week, according to Politico.

The contents of the draft executive order are unclear at this stage, but it’s worth examining which sectors in Mexico do the most business with the US.

Back in early January, Neil Shearing, the chief emerging markets economist at Capital Economics, shared a chart in a note to clients of the top 20 exports from Mexico to the US in 2015 by dollar value.

The number one export category, by far, is vehicles and vehicle parts, totaling almost $80 billion – or about 25% of the country’s total exports to the US – according to data from Intracen. The next three on the list are electrical components, food, and computers.

“The upshot, then, is that targeted measures imposed on the vehicle, electronics, and food and beverage sectors would hit Mexico’s economy especially hard,” wrote Shearing. “Similarly, in the event of a blanket tariff across all sectors, producers in these areas would be among the hardest hit.” 

The Mexican peso is getting smashed following reports the White House is getting ready to pull out of NAFTA. The peso is down by 2.2% at 19.2704 per dollar as of 12:53 p.m. ET.

mexico exports to USCapital Economics

NOW WATCH: Animated map of what Earth would look like if all the ice melted

Understanding the Instagram Algorithm: 7 Key Factors and Why the Algorithm is Great for Marketers

The Instagram algorithm, just like the Facebook News Feed algorithm, is so mysterious yet ingenious and brilliant in showing the best content to the most people.

If you are creating great content, more followers – and non-followers – are going to see it.

But how does the Instagram algorithm work?

In this post, we’ll break it all down for you. We’ll go through the factors that could influence the ranking of your content on your followers’ feed and explain why the Instagram algorithm is actually great for marketers.

Let’s go <img src="http://s.w.org/images/core/emoji/2.2.1/72×72/1f4f7.png&quot; alt="

‘The truth will come out’: Bill O’Reilly says his fans will be ‘shaken’ by the truth behind his firing

Bill O'ReillyIlya S. Savenok/Getty Images

Bill O’Reilly said he is “sad” that he is no longer on television during his first podcast since he was fired from Fox News last week. But O’Reilly vowed that “the truth will come out” regarding the circumstances of his sudden departure amid a growing sexual-harassment scandal.

“I was very surprised how it all turned out,” O’Reilly said of his swift ouster from Fox News, the place his show “The O’Reilly Factor” called home for two decades. O’Reilly said of the yet-to-be-revealed “truth”: “I don’t know that you’ll be surprised, but I think you’re going to be shaken, as I am. It’s a lot of stuff involved here.”

He stopped there.

“I don’t want the media to take what I say and misconstrue it,” O’Reilly said. “You as a loyal O’Reilly listener have a right to know, I think, down the lane what exactly happened, and we are working in that direction.”

Those listeners were apparently making a concerted effort to find O’Reilly on Monday evening. Around the time his podcast went live on his website, Google searches for “how to listen to a podcast” spiked, according to Google Trends.

The former Fox host’s ouster came weeks after a bombshell New York Times report said O’Reilly and Fox News had paid $13 million to several women who had accused O’Reilly of sexual indiscretions over the years. Other accusers followed, which led nearly 100 companies to pull their advertisements from O’Reilly’s 8 p.m. time slot on the cable network.

The advertiser exodus dramatically changed the shape of his program. O’Reilly soon took a vacation, and was fired days before he was expected to return.

O’Reilly had framed the withering criticism he faced amid the scandal as politically motivated. According to an email circulated among him and his representatives, O’Reilly thought the advertiser exodus was just a ploy engineered by the liberal-leaning media watchdog, Media Matters, and appeared to float the idea of bringing that to the attention of 21st Century Fox executives.

He ultimately backed off from that. 21st Century Fox announced the next day that O’Reilly would not return.

O’Reilly is expected to receive a multimillion-dollar payout from the cable network.

NOW WATCH: Former State Department official: Evidence of collusion between Trump and Russia would create a ‘constitutional crisis’