Video marketing is one of the most-talked about subjects in social media right now.
Marketers, brands, and businesses everywhere are all jumping aboard this incredible trend that has truly begun to take take over our social news feeds.
But despite its growing relevance, one of the questions we get most here at Buffer is:
How do I get started with video marketing?
We had the pleasure of chatting with Sunny all about how marketers can get started with video – including what to film, how to film it, and how to make sure that people see your videos online. A huge thank you to Sunny for jam-packing this episode with actionable wisdom and takeaways for social media managers and marketers alike looking to rock their video marketing strategy in 2017!
This episode is available on:
In this episode, here’s what you’ll learn:
Sunny Lenarduzzi shares tons of expert insights into how marketers and businesses can get started with video marketing. Including, the two most important things, how and why. You’ll also learn tips like:
- The secrets to YouTube SEO
- Essential video marketing gear for filming
- How to set up your studio – home or office
- What type of video content works best for social media
- Sunny’s biggest lessons learned in video marketing
3 Key Takeaways for Marketers Looking to Rock their Video Marketing Strategy in 2017
In Sunny’s words…
1. Start with educational content
There are really 3 types of great video marketing content – education, inspiration, or entertainment. The inspiration and entertainment are great, but if you’re just getting started and want to gain some momentum quickly, start with educational content. That’s what will get you found in search and build your viewers really fast.
2. Start where you are, use what you have, do what you can
Don’t worry about your set or your lighting, worry most about the value of the content that you are sharing. That’s what will get you the furthest the fastest.
3. Have a promotion strategy
Remember that when you published videos to YouTube or to other channels, you need to have a strategy in place to add fuel to the fire. Share your videos, everywhere, especially within the first 24 hours so that you can get the positive social media signals.
Mentionable Quotes and Shareable Snippets
“Embrace every little quirk that you have about yourself and don’t feel the pressure to be perfect. It’s the people who are imperfect that tend to do the best.”
– Sunny Lenarduzzi
Show Notes and Other Memorable Moments
Thanks a million for checking out this episode! Below are the websites and other tidbits that were mentioned in today’s podcast about creating incredible Facebook communities using groups. If you have any questions for us, feel free to drop us a line in the comments and we’ll respond right away!
Awesome People, Things, & Articles Mentioned in the Show
- Sunny Lenarduzzi’s YouTube Channel
- 20 Must-Watch YouTube Channels that Will Change Your Business – Forbes
- 50 Must-Follow Women Entrepreneurs in 2017 – Huffington Post
- Sunny on Twitter
- Sunny’s Website with tons of resources and information
- BOSS YouTube Channel Checklist – Sunny Lenarduzzi
- YouTube for Bosses – Sunny Lenarduzzi
- Wireless Lavalier Microphones on Amazon
- Cowboy Studios Filming Accessories
- Sunny Lenarduzzi on Instagram
- How to Make Videos with your iPhone
- Video marketing is extremely vital for business growth – whether you’re an online brand or an offline brand.
- Creating videos around search topics and things that people are looking for online is when it becomes a really powerful tool. As we’re sitting here right now, your customers are out there looking for solutions to their problems.
- Retention equals the biggest reward. The longer people are tuned into your videos, the higher you’re going to rank in search. And the higher you rank in search, the more that people are going to find you.
- People are looking for solutions and answers to their problems with video – they’re not looking to get pitched. You have to add value before you can make a sale.
- The 5 must-haves for filming videos on your iPhone are: framing, stability, audio, lighting, set.
- It’s so not about me. It’s about how valuable the information I’m sharing is and how well I can keep the audience’s attention through the content.
How to Say Hello to Sunny (and us)
Sunny Lenarduzzi’s YouTube Channel is an incredible resource for everything video marketing. You can also say hello to Sunny on Twitter here and read more about Sunny’s journey at sunnylenarduzzi.com.
Thanks for listening! We’d love to connect with you at @buffer on Twitter or with the hashtag #bufferpodcast.
Enjoy the show? It’d mean the world to us if you’d be up for giving us a rating and review on iTunes!
About the Show
The Science of Social Media is a podcast for marketers and social media managers looking for inspiration, ideas, and results for their social media strategies. Each week, we interview on